Parks Manager – Benjamin Taylor
Department of Parks and Recreation
Contact Info: 2191 Park Lane | Andersonville, TN 37705-3507
865-494-9352 or 865-253-3364 | email@example.com
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Anderson County Park System is owned by Anderson County Government and operated through the Conservation Board. The county park system has seven parks and ramps throughout the county. The premier park in the system is Anderson County Park. This park consists of a campground with 10 short-term RV sites with water and electric hook-ups, 13 tent sites with water, 38 long-term sites, a group camp area with water and electrical hookup, and a boat ramp for campers. Anderson County Park has a playground area, a public swimming area, a public boat launch, two picnic shelters, and a six-mile hiking/biking trail.
The Anderson County Park system also has a park with picnic tables and a playground at Gibbs Ferry Park, Bull Run Park, Marlow Park, and the Kid’s Palace. The boat ramps managed through the Anderson County Park System are at Anderson County Park located on Norris Lake and Gibbs Ferry,
- 196 Acres on Norris Lake
- This park offers 2 pavilions, 72 campsites with water (53 sites with electricity and water, 13 with water only)
- 38 Long-term sites
- Group camp with covered shelter, trails, 2 boat ramps, picnic tables, and grills
- Two ADA accessible shower/restroom facilities and 2 other bath facilities, and a dump station
- ADA campsite ~ No Security lights at the campground, boat ramp, and alongshore.
- Playground equipment
- Paved roadway around the restroom at the Park
- Self-guided nature trails and paved ADA access to nature trail
- Surface and border timbers around campground playground
- Large group grills at group shelters
- Camping Season March – November